Quality is an essential requirement regardless of the business. Measurement, testing and quality assurance systems can guarantee faultless products. The selection of the right system development partner and the right system platform is critical to ensure that the system meets the company’s testing needs.
A system fortifies the quality assurance process
A dedicated system gives much-needed reinforcement and standardization to the testing and measurement process. A measurement, testing and quality assurance system automates testing processes, collection and storage of measurement data, equipment control, data analysis and reporting of results. Thanks to it, the storage and analysis of even large amounts of measurement data can be carried out reliably.
To support testing, the system offers tools that improve the understanding of the phenomenon that must be tested. Manual work related to testing is reduced while the level of measurement accuracy simultaneously improves. This results in a better and more reliably operating process or product.
What kind of competence is needed to successfully carry out a system development project?
In measurement and testing system projects, the conception phase, management and leading are fundamental to carry out the project successfully. The success of a project is at risk if the customer and thereby the supplier have not understood the actual requirements associated with the intended purpose of the system. In this case, the result will not meet the customer’s expectations.
In addition, the supplier’s technology knowhow is not always sufficient for the customer’s needs, due to which part of the necessary features will never be taken into use because of their failure to work or complicated use. With a highly qualified and experienced system supplier you will be best placed to carry out, maintain and advance your development initiative.
Seven qualities that you should expect from a good system supplier:
- The system supplier must understand the phenomenon, the technical environment and the physical parameters that are being measured. The supplier’s engineering knowhow is the key here.
- The system supplier understands the limits on technology. How is the testing software used and exploited as part of applications? How is the technology suited to this particular measurement need?
- The system supplier has competence in software development and the various architectures and platforms applied in system deliveries. The technological competence of the development team is defined by the development resources certified by the equipment manufacturer.
- The system supplier is a technology provider partner defined by the manufacturer of the measurement and control equipment.
- The system supplier has sufficient project leadership and management skills. A system project requires continuous and close cooperation between the customer and the implementing organization so that the intended use of the system remains the guiding thread.
- The system supplier has references and experience in delivering measurement, testing and quality assurance systems for production critical industrial applications.
- The system supplier develops and delivers systems relying on a production team, not on a single individual. This will guarantee the upkeep, support and further development of production critical systems in all circumstances.
National Instruments’ LabVIEW programming language and equipment enable us to create measurement and testing systems that will meet the relevant needs
National Instruments’ LabVIEW is a leading technology for implementing and developing testing systems. It is the world’s most commonly used environment and programming language that enables the creation of a measurement and testing program that meets each customer’s specific needs. The LabVIEW programming language integrates seamlessly into National Instruments’ measurement and control equipment, allowing the build-up of the necessary modular equipment configuration.
The goal of a measurement and testing process is typically to create a system that can be used to efficiently control the testing process and collect and manage measurement data. While there can be many phenomena that need to be measured as well as multiple measuring devices and locations, it is necessary to be able to manage these efficiently via one system.
Although the entity to be measured may be complex, the measurement system does not need to be so. LabVIEW’s proven technology and decades of experience in product development guarantee a stable system environment with comprehensive, built-in device and link interfaces.